The founder of several innovative and award-winning NGOs, Jeroo Billimoria encapsulates what it means to be a social entrepreneur. She is a Skoll awardee, an Ashoka and Schwab Fellow and is considered to be among the world’s leading changemakers. Among her organizations are Child and Youth Finance International (CYFI) and Aflatoun International. CYFI leads the Child & Youth Finance Movement to ensure financial inclusion and Economic Citizenship Education for young people worldwide, while Aflatoun International has succeeded in working with global partners to provide social and financial education to over 1 million children in 84 countries.
Prior to this, Jeroo founded Childline India and ChildHelpline International, which have facilitated a global movement for protection of children and youth and are active in more than 181 countries – having responded to over 160 million calls.
Billimoria is a globally respected speaker and advocate of economic empowerment for children. Her social and humanitarian work has reached lives of millions of children around the world. She has been a speaker at the World Economic Forum, the Skoll World Forum for Social Entrepreneurship, provided several TEDx talks, and presented at a range of international corporations and universities. Additional awards include:
• Jeroo listed as #4 in the 2015 edition of “De Dikke Blauwe Top 100” Philanthropy Year Guide
• Jeroo ranked 3rd in the charity and non-profit category of Opzij's Top 100 Influential Women 2015
• CYFI listed among Global Journal's Top 100 NGOs (2016)
• Aflatoun named to Global Journal's Top 100 NGOs (2012 and 2013)
• Innovators for the Public Fellowship awarded by Ashoka: Innovators for the Public
• Schwab Fellowship for Social Entrepreneurs
• 2012 Outstanding Social Entrepreneur
• Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship
• One of the Phoenix 50 for her work with Aflatoun
• Union of Arab Banks Award for her work with CYFI