Director, AVINA Americas, AVINA Americas
President of AVINA, a foundation working in partnership with civil society and business leaders in Latin America in their initiatives toward sustainable development; 19 offices in 14 countries.
Chair of INCAE, the leading Latin American business school with campuses in Costa Rica and Nicaragua.
Previous experience includes:
• Director, Oxfam America´s Board
• Chair, Fundes International, a foundation promoting small and medium enterprise development in Latin America and operating in ten Latin American countries.
• President, INCAE Business School.
• Management consultant at Arthur D. Little, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
• Founder and President of ICC, a chemical and paper processing company based in New York. Marketing for E. I. Du Pont de Nemours & Co. in Europe.
Published books on development in Latin America for Cornell University Press, Editorial Siglo XXI and Nicaragua’s Central Bank.
Doctor in Business Administration, Harvard University; doctor in Economics, Bocconi University, Italy.