About the Skoll Foundation
Jeff Skoll established the Skoll Foundation in 1999 to drive large-scale change by connecting, celebrating, and investing in social entrepreneurs and the innovators who help them solve the world’s most pressing problems. Guided by the power of a story well-told, the Foundation’s Public Engagement and Communications team leverages communications as an important change agent that can help accelerate Jeff Skoll’s vision for a sustainable world of peace and prosperity.
This is a full-time, limited-term position reporting to the Director of Public Engagement & Communications and actively collaborating with and contributing to the collective work and impact of the Public Engagement, Communications, and Creative Services team.
As a social media specialist, the Campaigns Associate will play a strategic, integrative role, coordinating and providing support across a range of team functions, and driving: the design, implementation, and measurement and evaluation of digital/social/offline campaigns; development of campaign-related content; engagement and activation of target audiences; and monitoring global news and trends, including social media listening. The Campaigns Associate is passionate about social media and how to leverage it for good; is enthusiastic about metrics and analytics; and is curious about solutions to today’s global challenges.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Managing & Measuring Campaigns & Digital Platforms:
- Design, implement, project-manage, and measure impactful digital/social media/offline campaigns both led by Skoll and in collaboration with social entrepreneurs and partners. Track, collect, analyze, and report meaningful campaign metrics and qualitative outcomes, sharing learnings for continuous experimentation, iteration, and innovation of tools and approaches to track outputs and outcomes against objectives to increase impact over time.
- Segment and target audiences to increase direct engagement with and activation of influencers and other actors.
- Execute on the Foundation’s day-to-day digital community engagement and activation tactics. Manage Foundation’s digital and social media accounts—sharing news, social entrepreneurship trends, and developments across key verticals/issue areas (e.g. health, climate/clean energy) amplifying voices of social entrepreneurs, and supporting partner campaigns.
- Support on website, newsletter, and content management updates.
Monitoring News & Trends
- Monitor the Foundation’s and social entrepreneurs’ visibility and appearance across news and digital/social media, sharing and curating relevant news with staff and the larger Skoll community via digital/social media.
- Conduct news/zeitgeist tracking, including monitoring developments in social entrepreneurship and key verticals/issue areas, breaking news, and trending topics, while identifying key influencers for future engagement and activation.
- Use Trendkite’s media tracking and analytics capabilities to chart and report on progress of communications initiatives and campaigns.
- May be asked to assist with some administrative and reporting tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Proven hands-on experience with and track record of developing, implementing, and measuring successful digital/social media/offline campaigns for comparable programs or organizations.
- Strong digital analytics, evaluation, and reporting skills, including Google Analytics, social media metrics, and news tracking tools. Proficiency in digital/social media publishing and Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint/Prezi, Word, and Excel). Experience with CRM like Salesforce is highly desirable. Website content management system skills (WordPress), newsletters (MailChimp) and design software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) are a bonus.
- Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills, including:
- Quick thinker and doer: Able to assess, react, and adapt quickly, solve problems, and leverage opportunities. Flexible and able to juggle multiple deadlines and stakeholder requests, and manage day-to-day operations, staying focused under tight deadlines and thriving while working under pressure. Able to plan and manage schedules and resources to meet future requirements.
- A proactive, “can do”, “roll up your sleeves” attitude and client-service approach to working with Foundation staff, social entrepreneurs, and partner communities are a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and sound judgment. A real team player and a creative thinker, able to take initiative and work independently and strategically to meet objectives and to collaborate effectively with staff and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively and effectively with diverse people, communities, and sectors around the world.
- A deep passion and curiosity about social entrepreneurship and the Foundation’s mission.
- High standards, deep integrity, humility, a sense of humor, and a strong teamwork ethic that drives collective success.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a digital marketing/communications role, working on digital marketing and campaigns, on- and offline community engagement, social media, and analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degree in Journalism/Communications/Media or related field.
- Experience in the social change sector a significant plus.
- Impeccable English reading, speaking, and writing skills. Competency in other languages highly desirable.
The Skoll Foundation is an equal opportunity employer with an organizational commitment to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Candidates should send resume, cover letter, and sample work including a description of a campaign and its impact to email@example.com. Competitive compensation and benefits. This is a limited-term position (6 months) that may be extended by mutual agreement. Please send your application as soon as possible and no later than July 28th.