Skoll World Forum
Title: Program Coordinator, Skoll Community and Convenings
Department: Skoll Community and Convenings
Employment Status: Full-time Employee
Start Date: August 2017
Location: Palo Alto, California
About the Skoll Foundation:
The Skoll Foundation was created by Jeff Skoll in 1999 to pursue his vision of a more peaceful, prosperous, and sustainable world. The mission of the Skoll Foundation is to drive large-scale change by investing in, connecting, and celebrating social entrepreneurs and the innovators who help them solve the world’s most pressing problems. Social entrepreneurs are society’s change agents – creators of innovations that disrupt the status quo and transform our world for the better. By identifying the people and programs already enacting positive change throughout the world, the Foundation empowers them to extend their reach, deepen their impact, and fundamentally improve society.
This full-time, administrative position will be an integral part of the Skoll Community and Convenings Team, charged with coordination and support of the Skoll Awardee Community, as well as all Skoll hosted-convenings, including the Skoll World Forum in Oxford, England. Responsibilities will include communicating with and coordinating among Skoll Awardees and Foundation staff, Salesforce data management, scheduling meetings, note-taking, research, editing of content for website and printed materials, and assistance with administrative duties such as expense reports.
Candidates should be self-directed and collaborative, and possess exceptional attention to detail, a superior organizational skill set, and a strong work ethic. Candidates should approach teamwork with a“yes, and… ” orientation, and be excited about taking on new tasks and challenges and eager to create great experiences for others– from managing a clean database to executing a flawless event.
Candidates should think of themselves as the ultimate team player. They should understand how small tasks can be essential to big, audacious goals — like alleviating poverty. They should be motivated by the idea that their organizational skills will contribute to a better livelihood for an entrepreneur in a developing country. They should be resourceful and when they see a problem, and jump at the chance to fix it. Candidates’ initial instincts when developing a new process is to make it as efficient as possible — because while the details are essential, you know that efficiencies are just as important.
● Coordinate communications, programs, and events to serve to the Skoll Awardee community
● Develop processes and organizational tools to meet the needs of Skoll Awardees and others in the larger Skoll Community
● Assist with Skoll-led Convenings- including internal staff events, sponsored convenings, Skoll-hosted events, film screenings and others as appropriate
● Liaison with Skoll Foundation staff to support identification, vetting, and completion of services
Specific to the Skoll World Forum
● Ability to travel internationally
● Assist with the entry and management of contact data related to registration
● Organize invitation lists and manage RSVPs for side events held in Oxford
● Help facilitate hotel requests from inside and outside the foundation
● Help maintain and update hotel rooming lists
● Help keep schedule of events up to date
● Assist with note-taking in production meetings
● Schedule internal meetings
● Assist with communications and schedule calls with moderators, potential speakers, partners, etc.
● Speaker research and information management: track down contact information, updated titles, etc.
● Special projects & general research as needed
Qualifications and Experience
● Exceptional customer service skill set with high attention to detail
● Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with deadlines
● Strong communication and editing capabilities, comfort interacting with executives
● Positive, can-do attitude
● High level of proficiency with Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Word
● Ideal candidate will have 5 years administrative experience
● Experience with HTML and collaborative project management tools (ie Slack) a plus
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please specify Program Coordinator, Skoll Community and Convenings in the message subject line. In your cover letter please tell us how your specific experiences and accomplishments match our needs and mission. We will contact qualified applicants. Deadline for submission is July 14, 2017.